This ‘Privacy & Cookies Policy’ details how we collect and use any personal information obtained during your use of this Website, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you.
This policy together with our ‘Terms & Conditions’ govern your use of this Website. By accessing this Website you confirm to have understood and agreed to the terms set out in these policies.
Policy version and updates
This policy is the latest version and is correct as of 24th August 2015.
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. Such changes will be posted on this Website and take effect immediately.
Website - www.sssidhu.co.uk
We/Us/Our - S.S.Sidhu
You/Your - a user of this Website
We take protecting your privacy seriously and will always act to safeguard your legitimate interests. This means we keep your personal information secure in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and will never share this information with any company for their marketing purposes.
Information we collect about you
The information we collect when you use this Website falls into two categories:
- Personal Information - This information identifies you and is essential to provide our service. Examples include name, address, contact number and email address.
- Non-personal information - This information is anonymous and is used to help us improve the service we provide. The method used to collect this information is through cookies. Examples include your IP address, browser type and browsing behaviour. You can find out more about the cookies we use by reading the ‘Cookies’ section of this policy.
How we collect your information
Information is collected at several points during your use of this Website, including when you:
- Register for an account.
- Buy our products and services.
- During promotions, competitions, questionnaires and surveys.
- Contact us.
How we use your information
Your information is used to provide and improve our products and services as well as for marketing purposes to present you with products of relevance.
Uses for your information include:
- Manage and improve this Website.
- Administer and operate your account.
- Processing orders.
- Run and manage promotions (i.e. direct marketing), competitions, questionnaires and surveys.
- Update you about important changes to this Website and our services.
- Provide a personalised service to you.
- Check and verify your identity as well as prevent and detect crime especially where your transactional details are involved.
Your personal information will be shared with selected third parties where they are required to complete a transaction you make with us. In most cases we provide your name, address and contact details (e.g. email address), though this may vary depending on the third-party involved.
Delivery of goods
We use several third party courier services to complete the delivery of any goods you have ordered. These companies may contact you to inform or arrange a suitable delivery time.
For orders delivered by our own delivery vans, we reserve the right to take a photograph of the outside of your property to prove we located the correct property in the event you are not in to collect your goods.
Card payment processing
All payment processing is carried out by a third-party payment gateway provider (Global Payments Ltd) in order to provide a secure and efficient service. This provider is responsible for verifying and authorising your payment card to allow us to process your order. Global Payments Ltd is obliged to keep your personal data secure.
REMEMBER: Your card details are not stored by us.
Cookies are small files that are downloaded onto any web enabled device through the browser when you visit certain website. The information we collect from cookies is non-personal and so cannot be used to identify you personally.
Cookies are used to improve both your user experience and the service we provide you with. Some examples include:
- Delivering tailored content.
- Remembering the contents of your basket as you navigate a website.
- Recognising your device.
- Remembering your preferences.
Cookies we use
|ekm_USERNAME||Temporary cookie generated to test if cookies are enabled on the visitors browser.|
|ekm_pp_USERNAME||Stores a unique reference to visitors cart contents. Stores authentication details for customer logged in section.|
|ekm_tmp_ORDERNUMBER||Stores a reference to the visitors order number after an order has been generated.|
You can use your web browser to delete all cookies, block all cookies, allow all cookies, block third-party cookies, clear all cookies when you close the browser, open a 'private browsing' session and install/uninstall add-ons and plug-ins to extend browser functionality - for example, most browsers will allow you to install a “Do Not Track” add-on.
You & Your information
Promotional material & your preferences
If you have an account or have placed an order with us, we will regularly send you promotions and product/service updates. Such communication will be conducted by email or SMS text messaging.
To change your preferences or opt-out of receiving promotional material, you can either:
- Reply back to a promotional email we have sent.
- Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and notify us on the changes you wish us to make when sending promotional material.
Amend/Update your details
To amend or update the details held by us, you must email email@example.com with your amended/updated information.
Please note, for your security and the prevention of fraud, we may ask for further proof to verify your identity.
How to access your information
You have a right to access any personal information we store about you. To do so, a written request for a copy of this information must be submitted in writing to Data Protection Officer, S.S.Sidhu, 241 Steelhouse Lane, Wolverhampton, WV2 2AB.
There is charge of £10 payable to S.S.Sidhu for processing any request.
On receiving any request for personal information, please be aware we may perform additional security checks to confirm your identity.
You can expect a response to any general enquiry within 40 days or, for an amendment or objection, within 21 days of receipt of payment.
Please note there are circumstances where we must withhold information.
If you have any further questions contact us at:
Post: Data Protection Officer, S.S.Sidhu, 241 Steelhouse Lane, Wolverhampton, WV2 2AB