Cancelling an order/product
Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, you have a right to cancel any products you have purchased within 14 days of receiving your order in full. Your order is deemed to have been ‘received in full’ when you, or a person nominated by you, is in physical possession of the complete order.
Please note, if goods are part of a unit then you cannot reject or cancel part of the order without rejecting or cancelling the complete order.
For clarity, the cancellation period ends at the end of 14 days from when you receive your order in full.
Exemption to cancellation
There is no right to cancel the following:
- Perishable goods or goods that are liable to deteriorate or expire in a short period.
- Sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection and hygiene reasons if they become unsealed after delivery.An exception here is sports and vitamin supplement for which we cannot accept returns from cancellation. The seals present on these products are not tamper proof but are there to protect the product from degrading from exposure to the environment.
- Tailor made or personalised items.
- Digital products such as CDs, DVDs and software if you have broken the seal on the wrapping.
- Goods which become mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery.
Condition of Goods
When you are in possession of the goods during the cancellation period, you are under the duty to retain them and take reasonable care of them.
We reserve the right to deduct an amount to reflect any unreasonable handling (i.e. handling that will impact the ‘sell-ability’ of the product).
Before returning any goods you must notify us that you wish to do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost of return
You are responsible for the cost of returning items within the cancellation period - which ends at the end of 14 days from when you receive your order in full - unless the item/s are sent in error, arrive damaged, are faulty/defective or arrive late.
In the event you fail to return cancelled goods or you return them at our expense, we reserve the right to charge you our direct costs in retrieving those goods.
To ensure we deal with any returns as quickly as possible please follow these steps:
- Notify us by email at email@example.com. Include your name, account number, order number, product/s you wish to cancel/return and the reason for the return.
- You shall get receipt of your request which will be followed by an email instructing you on what to do next.
- Please remember to securely package and seal any goods you return to us and ensure you attach a returns address label. You have 14 days to return the goods to us. After this time, we are not obliged to refund, repair or replace any goods.
For cancelled goods within the cancellation period you shall have to arrange for the goods to be returned to us at your own cost. You have 14 days after the day you notify us of cancellation to return the goods to us. The returns address can be found below.
For these returns you will be required to print a returns label presented within our response email - this shall be sent after you have notified us of any defects. The email will contain further instructions on how and where to return the goods.
Goods sent in error/arrive damaged or late
As before, you must notify us of any errors or undue delays in the delivery of your products. From here we can advise you on what to do next.
If the item is damaged, proof of the damage would need to be provided in the form of photographic evidence along with proof of purchase.
If you are returning goods to us, we will not be responsible for any loss or damage to them during transit and will not be able to refund you in such event. Likewise, if goods are damaged during the return journey, we reserve the right to deduct an amount that reflects the damage.
We strongly recommend you use a recorded or secure delivery method and keep copies of all communications as proof of return.
All goods for return within the cancellation period must be sent back to the following address:
241 Steelhouse Lane
We shall refund the total cost of the goods returned, including the cost of standard delivery (where charged). If you originally chose a premium/enhanced delivery option (for example ‘Next Day’) the supplementary cost shall not be refunded.
Please note: We are unable to refund the cost of standard delivery if you return only part of an order.
We may make a deduction where the value of the goods has been diminished due to excessive and unnecessary handling on your part. Goods must be returned in a re-saleable condition that are undamaged and unused and with the original packaging and labels.
We shall refund within 14 days of the goods coming into our physical possession.
We reserve the right to refuse a refund on any returns that do not meet the requirements set out in this ‘Cancellation, Returns & Refunds Policy’. This does not affect your statutory rights.
If you require further explanation or help, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.