Terms & Conditions
This Website is owned and operated by S.S.Sidhu and your use of it is set out in these ‘Terms & Conditions’. Any information we collect about you and how we use that information is explained in our ‘Privacy & Cookies Policy’. How we deal with cancelled orders, any returns and refunds is fully explained in our ‘Cancellation, Returns & Refunds Policy’.
By using this Website you agree to be bound to the terms set out in these ‘Terms & Conditions’ and our ‘Privacy & Cookies Policy’.
The terms set out herein do not affect your statutory rights.
Version and updates
These ‘Terms & Conditions’ are the latest version and correct as of 24th August 2015.
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. Such changes will be posted on this Website and take effect immediately.
This Website is owned and operated by:
241 Steelhouse Lane, Wolverhampton, WV2 2AB
VAT No. GB100 4058 38
We are registered in England and Wales.
Website - www.sssidhu.co.uk
We/Us/Our - S.S.Sidhu
You/Your - a user of this Website
Your use of this Website
You may view and download our Website, including its contents, for your personal use only and provided that you do not modify or reproduce any content without our prior written consent.
You cannot to use this Website for any of the following purposes:
- Disseminating any unlawful, discriminatory, pornographic, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material.
- Transmit any material that may encourage or constitute conduct that may be deemed a criminal offence, results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any law in the United Kingdom.
- Gaining unauthorised access to other computer systems.
- Interfering with any other person's use or enjoyment of this Website.
- Breaching any laws concerning the use of public telecommunications networks.
- Interfering or disrupting networks or web sites connected to this Website.
- Making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
- Engaging in technically harmful behaviour, which includes but is not limited to; computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data and other malicious software or harmful data.
- Impersonating others.
- Systematic extraction of this Website’s content by data mining, robots or other similar data extraction means.
NOTE: We reserve the right to remove or modify, whether temporary or permanent, content of this Website without liability or notification.
Although we take reasonable measures to ensure that this website is operational at all times, we cannot guarantee this service will meet your requirements. There may be occasions were certain technical issues affect our service to you.
Your access to this Website may be temporally affected due to installation/introduction of new services, repair or maintenance. In such events, we will try to give advance warning (but we shall not be obliged to do so) and we will do our best to restore this service as soon as possible.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless S.S.Sidhu, our employees’ and third-party agents against all losses, liabilities, claims and expenses, including legal fees, which arise from any breach of these ‘Terms & Conditions’ and/or your (including persons you are responsible for) use of this Website.
We do our best to keep the information provided on this Website up-to-date, accurate and of high quality. However we make no warranties or guarantees, either express, implied, in respect to its accuracy or that it shall:
- Meet your requirements
- Be uninterrupted, timely or error-free,
- That defects will be corrected,
- Represents its full functionality, accuracy, reliability.
- Beyond this, we disclaim all warranties were permissible by applicable law.
In connection with your use of this Website and where allowed by applicable law, you agree that we shall not be liable for any:
- Inaccuracies of this Website.
- Consequential or incidental damages (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings).
- Loss of goodwill or reputation.
- Any special, indirect or punitive damages.
- Any viruses or other disabling features that may affect your access to or use of this Website.
- Any incompatibility or technical issues between this Website and other websites, services, software and hardware.
- Delays or failures you may experience in initiating, conducting or completing any transmissions or transactions in connection with this Website.
- Any modification, suspension or discontinuation of this Website, our domain names or services.
- Loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
Nothing in these ‘Terms & Conditions’ will exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence on our part.
We cannot be held responsible for events beyond our control that disrupt the service we provide. Such events include, but are limited to, strikes, industrial disputes (whether involving S.S.Sidhu or any other party), act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, failure of a transport network, malicious damage, breakdown of plant or machinery, flood, fire , storm, default of suppliers
The content of this Website is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights and is made available to you for your own non-commercial use.
The content of this Website may be:
- Printed or distributed - provided you keep intact any copyright and proprietary notices.
- Viewed on a computer screen.
- Stored onto a hard disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) provided it is to aid you in making a purchase.
No licence is granted to you in these ‘Terms & Conditions’ to use any trade mark of sssidhu.co.uk.
This Website contains links to third-party websites and material over which we have no control. By using these links you acknowledge this fact.
Failure to exercise our rights against any breaches to these ‘Terms & Conditions’ does not constitute a waiver against any future enforcement.
We reserve our rights in respect to these ‘Terms & Conditions’ at all times.
If any provision set out in these 'Terms & Conditions' are, or become, unenforceable under applicable law (whether due to being void, invalid, illegal or unlawful) then those provisions shall be deemed void. However, the remaining provisions set out in these 'Terms & Conditions' shall remain in full force and effect.
This Website and its ‘Terms & Conditions’ are governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England, to which both parties must submit.
Currently, the services on this Website are available to those in the United Kingdom. By accessing this Website from outside the United Kingdom, we make no promises of its content being appropriate or available.
Registering for an account
To have an account with us you must be 18 year old or over.
You are able to create an account at the ‘Checkout’ when you order from us. All you have to provide is your email address and create a password.
You must make sure the information required to set-up an account is true and up-to-date
There are many benefits to having an account with us:
- Faster checkout process - your address details are automatically filled in saving you time when checking-out.
- Easy order tracking.
- Complete order history.
- Special promotions available to account holders only.
Log-in to your account
To log into your account, click the ‘Login’ link found at the top right-hand corner of any page of this website. Here you will be able to track current orders as well as view your order history.
Forgotten your password?
Don’t worry! Just click on the ‘Forgotten your password’ link and provide us with the email address you used to set up an account with us. We will then email you back with your password.
Changing your account details
To change or update the details of your account you must contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone.
Please note: It is your responsibility to keep your account details up-to-date. We cannot be held responsible for errors that arise due to information provided by you.
You do not require a Customer Account to purchase goods from us. For this reason we offer a Guest Account; the difference from a Customer Account being you do not need to provide a password.
To purchase goods from us using a Guest Account simply provide your email address on the first step of the checkout and then click the ‘Continue with Checkout’ button.
Remember, certain promotions are not available to Guest Accounts.
We reserve the right to terminate or suspend your account and/or your access to this Website - whether in part or entirety - at any time without notice or reason.
Each product comes with a full description of the goods or service including the main characteristics to aid you in making your purchase. All products are sold subject to its product description.
We will do our best to keep this information up-to-date at all times.
Product images represent the product described and are not to scale. In some instances you may receive a product that does not match the image shown on this Website but is otherwise the same. In such cases the product is likely to be undergoing relabelling/repackaging. Saying this, we will do our best to keep you updated on such changes.
The prices shown alongside a product is the total price of that product (i.e. including VAT) in pound (£) Sterling.
Ordering from us is safe and easy. We have outlined the steps involved below:
- Browse the Website and select the products you wish to purchase by adding them to your shopping cart.
- Once you have finished shopping, you may proceed to the secure checkout area by clicking on the shopping cart image found at the top right-hand corner of this Website.
The Shopping Cart
In the ‘Your Shopping Cart’ web-page you will find a list of all the products you have selected for purchase. Here, each product shall display its image (if available), product name, quantity you wish to purchase and the total cost (including VAT) of each individual product in your shopping cart.
At the bottom of this list you will find the totals for your shopping cart - that is sub-total, delivery charges, VAT and the final total including all taxes and charges.
You can still amend the products in your shopping cart at this stage.
- To remove a product from your shopping cart click the ‘Remove’ button found near the product you wish to remove.
- To change the quantity of any item you wish to purchase, simply type in the amended quantity under the ‘Qty’ column.
- Once you are happy with your order click the ‘Update Cart’ button to update your shopping cart totals.
For a full list of our up-to-date delivery and collection options see our ‘Delivery/Collection’ web-page.
The checkout section of this Website is on a secure server so you can have peace of mind when entering your personal details.
To make things quick and easy, we have a simple 3-step checkout process involving the following steps:
- Enter your email address and then either select a guest account (by selecting the ‘new customer’ option) or, if you have previously registered, login using your password. Click ‘Continue with Checkout’
- If you are a new customer, you now get the opportunity to create an account and receive all the benefits of being a registered customer. All you have to do is enter a password which is a minimum of 5 characters.Complete this step by filling in your billing address and, if different, the shipping address (i.e. this is the address to which the goods you are purchasing are to be delivered) otherwise tick the check-box labelled ‘Same as Billing’. For all registered customers this section will be self-filled. None the less you should check all details before continuing.
- Lastly, you will be presented with a summary of your shopping cart and the total order value. Check this before selecting a payment method
We can take payment for goods by:
- Visa - including pre-paid cards
- MasterCard - including pre-paid cards
All payment processing is redirected from this Website to a secure payment environment - hosted by Global Payments - where you enter your card details to complete the payment for your goods.
This means no card details are stored by us.
Once you have completed the payment you shall be returned to this Website where you shall be presented with an ‘Order Complete’ summary web-page.
We shall also send you an email - to the email address you provided during the order process - confirming your order. This confirmation will contain your order number and order details.
Our acceptance of your order takes place upon despatch of the products you have ordered. At this point the purchase contract will be made and we will supply the goods.
Delivery / Collection
The delivery options available to you are listed in a drop-down menu found at bottom of the shopping cart web-page under the section headed ‘Delivery/Collection’.
Please only select the delivery option that is relevant to you otherwise your order may be refused. For example, if you select ‘Click & Collect’ you must be in a position to come in-store to collect your goods within the time limit published.
For a full list of our up-to-date delivery and collection options see our ‘Delivery/Collection’ web-page.
We will do our best to deliver all orders within the time-frame of your selected delivery option.
In-store Collection (Click & Collect)
For all collections in-store, you must produce the confirmation email containing your order number and one form of ID. For accepted forms of ID please see the relevant section below.
If you wish for someone else to collect on your behalf, you must give your consent in writing to email@example.com. Please provide the full name, address and contact number or email of the nominated person and advise them to bring along the email containing your order confirmation and any one of the IDs listed below.
Collect from a parcel collect-point (Collect from a Pick-up Point)
By selecting this option you are able to collect your order from a parcel collect point that is local to you. This is ideal if you are at work or out during most the day. Collecting from a Pick-up Point allows you to collect your parcel at a time and day that is most convenient for yourself.
For all collections from a parcel collect-point (for example Collect+, Post Office or MyHermes) you will be sent a parcel collection code by either email or text once your parcel is ready for collection.
You will be required to provide this collection code together with some form of ID (please see below for accepted forms of ID) when collecting your parcel from the parcel collect-point store.
Please remember, the shopkeeper will not be able to release the parcel without the collection code and your ID.
Keep in mind that there is a time limit for collecting your parcel (usually 10 calendar days) after which time the parcel will be returned back to us.
Delivery by courier (Delivered to you)
Depending on the courier, you may be sent an SMS text message to notify you of your delivery.
Please make sure you are present when the delivery is due as we are not obliged to redeliver any failed deliveries.
Accepted forms of ID
- Any valid photo ID (passport or photographic driving license)
- Utility bill
- Mobile phone bill
- Wage slip
- Bank statement
- Cheque guarantee/credit/debit card
- Bank/building society book
Cancellation, Returns & Refunds
Once you have received your order in full you have a “cooling-off period” in which time you can return the goods back to us. For a detailed explanation of this process and for our returns and refunds policy and procedures please see our ‘Cancellation, Returns & Refunds Policy’.
Security and Privacy
We take your security and privacy very seriously and will never disclose any personal information held by us to any third-party for their own commercial use and gain. For a detailed explanation of how we use, collect, store and secure personal information held by us see our ‘Privacy & Cookies Policy’.
Our third-party payment gateway provider, Global Payments, uses Verified by Visa and Mastercard® SecureCode™ as a means to stop unauthorised use of your card. Also, all transactions are authenticated against a database of cards reported lost or stolen.
No card details are stored by us.
Security & You
Other than the steps we have taken, there are many ways you can also help improve the security of your personal information:
- Passwords provided must be kept confidential and not disclosed nor shared with anyone. Remember, we will never ask for your password - we already know it! If you contact us by phone on matters regarding your account we will ask you for any 2 characters from your password as a means to verify you.
- Choose a strong password word that is more than 5 characters long and is a mix of lowercase, uppercase and numbers.
- It is best practise to regularly change your password.
- Be vigilant for phishing emails - these are emails that purport to be from a reputable company but in fact aim to extract personal information from you with the aim of gaining access to your account.
Remember: we will not send an email asking you to verify your account.
For all queries please contact us by:
Phone: 01902 452681
Post: Customer Service, S.S.Sidhu, 241 Steelhouse Lane, Wolverhampton, WV2 2AB